Friday, June 4, 2010

A post in which I sensibly stay home

I actually woke up feeling pretty good today. It was a quiet day at work.

Well it’s another Friday night in the life of an internet stud, and I’m home. By myself. But that was my decision. I could have gone somewhere if I wanted to, but after this week I decided to take it easy and try to save up some energy for SELF.

I did go by the library to take the last Anita Blake book I read, Incubus Dreams. As I feared, they spent so much of the book screwing that they never actually got around to catching the bad guy – they had to leave that for the next book. I’m taking a break from Ms Blake for a while.

I checked out some other books and left. I wasn’t quite virtuous enough to eat freezer food tonight, and there was pretty much nothing at the house to eat. Well nothing I wanted anyway. So I went by Joy of Tokyo for cheap Japanese-esque food. I know it isn’t super healthy (I can’t eat it without guzzling down that “white sauce” they make for us round-eyes. It is just soooooo tasty; even if it is just flavored mayonnaise.) But I figure it still healthier than going through the Hardee’s drive –through for a 500+ calorie burger right? That’s my theory and I’m stickin to it.

There was nothing on telly tonight. I ate my supper and thought about reading, but I was too lazy. It was Friday night. I just was comatose in front of the tube until I turned on the computer.

Last weekend Myz Shea was talking to me about what I needed/wanted in a life partner. I’ve been putting off looking because I was telling myself I didn’t know what I wanted. But that’s not really true. I know exactly what I want, I'm just afraid he isn't out there. Myz Shea challenged me to start putting it out to the Universe what I was looking for. If you don't ask, you don't receive right? She had several ideas and suggestions, one of which was putting up a profile on Fetlife. Fetlife is kind of like Facebook only for kinky people. So tonight I started the process of Putting It Out There (no sarchastic comments necessary, thank you).

It is a neat-looking site, and there are certainly some interesting looking people on there. I was in expectation of being fresh meat (as I was when I first signed up on Bear411), but no flurry of activity ensued. My friend Kimberli was on though and she accepted my friend request almost immediately. I set up my profile and messed around on the site finding people I know, etc until the system told me to take it easy, they were limiting my activity until they confirmed that I wasn’t spam. So I signed off and went to bed. But Stage 1 of putting the Universe on Notice is completed.

No comments: