Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A post in which it is a long day

Well it didn't rain today, but it was overcast and grim all day. I think I'm mildewing.

I had problems getting to sleep last night, perhaps because I'm thinking it would be a good idea to wean myself off of going to bed with the TV on every night. Surprisingly, after all the sleep I missed last weekend, and after going to bed late, I was up with insomnia this morning. I ate something and went back to bed, then overslept by an hour.

Since I got to work late, I didn't get my lunch hour today. Eight unrelieved hours at a desk makes for a long day. I did get a bunch of stuff done though. Topping things off, I had to speak with a crazy customer just before I left, who among other things critiqued my grammar during the conversation. By the end of that, I was just done. I took off. The last of my willpower having been used up by not telling that woman exactly what I thought of her, I had none left to resist the clarion call of the nachos at Sabroso Mexican Grille. I had been thinking about that lusciousness all day today. So I just went. They have some other dishes on their menu that sound really great, but since I loved the nachos so much last time, and since that was what I went there to get, I had them again. I would like to try some other stuff there too. I reflected on the irony that I was going to buy Mexican food when I have a whole enchilada pie in the fridge at home, but whattaya gonna do, right?

After a satisfyingly decadent repast which I needed like a padded bra, I went home, ditched laundry duty, and spent the evening reading the latest book, Someone is Killing the Great Chefs of America by Ivan and Nan Lyons. It was written as a much later sequel to the original more famous book, Someone is Killing the Great Chefs of Europe. Europe was made into a great movie. Robert Morley was excellent in it. I would love the read the book, but Greenville County Library doesn't have that one. This one is pretty good. I read about two-thirds of it before calling it a night. I succumbed and turned the TV on tonight. I need the sleep.

No comments: