Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A post in which I get to relax at home!

Well, kind of.

I was actually up early this morning, but still feeling the need for some coffee to get me moving.
Today was the day the trick-or-treaters came in to work. I brought my candy in, only to find about a bushel was there already! But we’re supposed to have 100 kids come in this evening.

I got all my write-offs back and turned in for processing. $2.2 Million Dollars. The most I have ever done in a month. This is the amount we usually write off in a year. I guess it’s a sign of the times. I’m glad the economy seems to be digging out.

And it started raining again today. Joy. I thought maybe it would be finished by the time I got off work; but no dice. I made my way to the car, got my arm soaked putting my stuff at the library in the drop box, and got home. Then I remembered I was supposed to go buy stuff to put together my Halloween costume tonight. But there was no way I was going back out in that crap. If I have to I’ll do it all on Saturday.

I had a piecemeal supper of cheese biscuits (thanks Justin); cheese toast made with homemade sourdough Mom sent home with me from the weekend, microwave steamed sugar snap peas, and nuts. To finish I had about half of the gorgeous Wee Lemons (tiny delectable lemon tea cakes that Justin makes) that Justin sent home with me from the pumpkin carving on Sunday. Then I felt really, really lazy.

I caught up on Facebook (bleah). I have to do that on the laptop, since the website is blocked at work, and the functions won’t work on the Mac. Eventually, I made myself get up, change the sheets, and put the old sheets in to wash. I folded the clothes from the drier, and washed the dishes from lunch and supper. I called Eve to schedule a drop-off of some white sweet potatoes for Dad (he pouted a bit the last time I got some because I didn’t bring him any). I had thought I would bake them tomorrow, but it was still early enough to put them in tonight, so I scrubbed up mine and baked them.

I thought I was pretty productive for feeling so lazy and being out last night. The cats were thrilled that I was home. I haven’t been in the house for an evening since last Thursday. It felt good to be cozy in my house with the rain outside.

Tomorrow night, I’m back out having dinner with Dick and Eve, but it was nice to be home for just a bit. I snuggled up in clean Downy-scented sheets, read for a while, and eventually went to sleep listening to the rain tap on the window and the purrs of two happy kitties.

No comments: