Thursday, October 1, 2009

A post in which I get a surprise, and rebel a bit

I had my back done today, and my hair done this evening, so I should be in pretty good shape for Charlotte.

On the way to the barber shop the phone rang. It was Clayton. He called to tell me that he and Lee had broken up in June. I couldn't believe that Lee had invited me for the weekend and hadn't told me! I mean, they've been off again/on again for a while now, and Lee has always been pretty close-mouthed about personal stuff, but even for him this is a bit much. It's discouraging too. They've been together for so long. It shakes my faith to see a relationship that old fail.

Russ was busy tonight, so we didn't go out to dinner or anything. I had kind of hoped we would, which was one of the reasons I didn't go out last night, but it was fine. I went by the library on the way home and got my books that had come in.

So on the way home, I was of course thinking about the conversation with Clayton. We had been talking about our weight problems and he said his gets worse when he watches it. Mine of course gets worse when I don't think about every morsel of food I eat. But then I thought 'Why the hell am I worrying about it? I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than I do of getting married again? Who cares?'

I was going in CVS to spend my extrabucks anyway, so I just thought screw it and got a bag of chips and some Reese's pumpkins. I then went home and ate until I was sick. Probably not the best way to handle that feeling. I've been trying to not eat when I'm upset or depressed. But again, screw it.

No comments: