Friday, October 2, 2009

A post in which I work my bippy off

When I got home last night, I had a registered mail notice that Sears is trying to send me something. So I went to the post office this morning. The card said they opened at 8:30am. But the doors didn't open. They have changed the hours to 10-4. So I guess if you're a fucking lady who lunches you can get your mail, but the rest of us who have to work are just screwed. That really pissed me off.

I called Michael on the way in to the office today to see if it might be something for him, but he was as mystified as I am. We caught up a bit. It was good to talk to him.

I had a very brisk day at work today. I have my account review meeting with my boss on Monday, month end to put together, plus I had to do a complete fraud talk with examples and send it to my boss to present to the National Association of Credit Managers. It was a helluva day.

I called Miss Kat and went to see them tonight. We had a great visit as usual. We ended up watching Beowulf, which I hadn't seen. Once you got used to the weird CGI overlay on everyone, it was actually pretty funny. There was lots of chest pounding and shouting "I AM BEOWULF!!" by Ray Winstone. Two things from the reviews came back to mind. One was that the character apparently has identity or esteem issues (which I suppose arguably any action hero has), because when he isn't telling everyone he IS Beowulf, the other characters are reminding him. It almost became a joke, because in almost every conversation, one of the characters would say "You ARE Beowulf..." It really became funny to me after a while, that line came up so often. I was like picturing y-fronts that had that written in laundry marker in them. The other thing was the nude fighting scene. First of all, they had given this guy's body a CGI makeover that would have made Michelangelo drool. But to hold onto their PG rating, they couldn't show his junk. So they went through a variety of Austin Powers-esque machinations to justify not showing anything. Still, he had a hell of an ass, CGI or not. Lordamercy.

When I got home, the ballerinas next door were out on the porch with one of their beautiful boyfriends. I went over and sat and talked with them for a while before going to bed. I was amusing them by telling old drag stories about being on stage, since because they are all performers they could relate. They are such sweet kids. I'm glad I didn't mess with their party last weekend.

No comments: