Monday, October 5, 2009

A post in which I am a pretty good boy

Since I’m doing month end and quarter end, there is a lot to do at work, but I’m still riding the crest of the wave so far.

I packed workout clothes, but decided I was just too stressed to work out today, even though I know that is when I need it most. Plus I had to go to the store tonight since I didn’t go last weekend. $74 later I emerged triumphant with some expensive crap and some stuff I needed.

Interestingly, the guy who stood me up last night sent me an apology email today. I had forgotten he has done this before. Apparently he has this on-again off-again thing going on with his ex. He’ll make dates, then become consumed with guilt and not show up. Of course it would have been nice for him to let me know he wasn’t coming last night, but apparently that is acceptable (or at least widely perpetrated) with online liaisons. I was surprised to get anything at all. Of course, if he’s that conflicted and involved with his ex, prolly a good thing he didn’t show.

I baked my white sweet potatoes tonight, and had one after I ate my salad. It was perfect. I so love those. I don’t think I’ll have any left to freeze as I planned, because I’m going to take some for lunch this week. So I’m back watching what I eat again, more in remorse for eating so much this weekend than because I actually think it will do any good. But may as well. I guess that’s my dues for still smoking.

I did some laundry as well, played some computer games, changed the sheets, and hit the hay. I didn’t read tonight because I knew if I got caught up in a book I wouldn’t do any house stuff.

No comments: