Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A post in which I face an unexpected challenge

I had dinner out with Dick and Eve tonight. She called me today to tell me to meet them at Fried Green Tomatoes, which suited me just fine. They have incredible biscuits and I was just in the mood for some. This week I'm craving broccoli with cheese sauce and blackberry jam. Jam would have been truly excellent on those biscuits, but they were still pretty damn scrumptious without it. The jam Justin gave me that he made this summer is so good that it's got me craving it.

Since I had a little time after work and the weather was pretty today, I ran in to Wal-Mart to pick up stuff I need to work on my Halloween costume. The thing I thought I would have a hard time finding, a logo-free long-sleeved white t-shirt, I practically stumbled across as I walked in the door. Thinking that the hard part was over, I went on to pick up the rest of my stuff. But there were no white sweat pants. So I got everything else and headed on to supper.

I had a nice meal with Dick and Eve, but I was feeling really tired. Just drug-out. I don't know if I'm coming down with something, or if it's just the last couple of days catching up with me, but I was really beat. I enjoyed talking to them, and delivered Dad his sweet potatoes, but begged off going to their house tonight as I usually do after supper.

I headed home, but was thinking I needed to muster the energy to pick up the sweat pants on the way in so I'd have everything together.

Kmart didn't have any either.

When I got home I fired up the computer and called Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods, and Target. No. No. And no. Finally at Penney's, the clerk told me they had something that might work (not sweat pants, but some kind of work-out pants - they have a small stripe on the side, but that may have to do). So I'm going over to the mall tonight to have a look around. This was the one thing that I thought I could find with no problem, so of course it is a problem. Of course I can find them all over the place on-line, but there's no time to deliver them at this point. If worst comes to worst I could just make a pair, but that seems like a huge pain.

By this time, it was almost 9pm and the stores were closing, so I decided to try again tomorrow and went on to bed. I am really worn out. And frustrated.

No comments: