Friday, July 3, 2009

A post in which I reward myself, and THEN work*

I was up early this morning. I have a new guy coming around who wants to try some different kink play. He’s been coming over in the mornings before work, and came through this morning. I got to work on my top skills some. I got out my paddles and gave him a nice spanking, then flogged him a bit with my little doeskin flogger before we finished up. He seemed to like the spanking better. Afterwards I sent him off to work.

I then headed out to breakfast at Latin Express. Jeannette whom I work with had told me she was going this morning, but I didn’t see here there. I was there just after they opened at 8 though. I had an omelet that was OK, with orange juice, delicious café con leche with Cuban toast for dipping, and corn empanadas. It was a breakfast fit for a king. Dipping the coffee in the toast was something I had read about. It didn’t sound that good to me, but boy was it! They make the bread there. It’s heavy bread, almost like pita, but has a rich yeasty flavor. It’s cut into strips and served lightly toasted and buttered. It’s really good with the coffee. The next time I go in for breakfast, I may just have that! With my second cup of delectable coffee, they brought me a cheese pastry to try that was also delicious.

I went through Publix after breakfast, and picked up some stuff to make Chimichurri with, as well as some other groceries. After that, I headed over to White Horse Road to the flea market. Another woman I work with, Tammy, had told me they were open today. Well they may have been, but there was almost no one there. Tammy was there – she was the one of about 4 outside tables set up. I said hello to her, strolled through the gourmet food lady’s stall (she’s always open on Friday), and headed home.

I was really full and sleepy from breakfast, so I lay down for a bit and napped. When I got up, I ate a Caesar salad with foccacia bread for lunch, then decided to go on out and get in the yard. I worked in the yard all afternoon. It wasn’t as hot this weekend as it has been for the last while, but it was plenty hot enough for me. I got a bit of trimming up done around my back gate, cleared out the dog lot, did some edging, and mowed. After that I was quite done. The yard will just eat as much work as I want to put into it.

I came in and cooled down for a bit and got cleaned up. Then I headed for the grocery store again. I called Kimbley about the party tomorrow, since she is doing some of the food, and we agreed that I would make my special party cole slaw and a small batch of Korean refrigerator pickles, since everyone just loves them.

I couldn’t decide what to do Friday evening. I read for a while. I messed about on the computer for a bit. I didn’t really feel like going out, and I didn’t really feel like having anyone in. But I was restless. I did a load of laundry and watched some telly. Eventually I decided I was tired. And I know I’ll be up late tomorrow night at the pool party, so I just went on to bed.

No comments: