Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another post in which I am once again unexpectedly virtuous*

Well, not at first.

I was up at 2am. I couldn’t sleep. I fell into the Manhunt vortex and ended up going to visit an old buddy.

Needless to say, being up for two and a half hours in the middle of the night doesn’t make for a pert n’ perky morning. I took the time to have a cup of coffee and a cigarette and spend a little porch time to brace for the day. I’m all caught up on my desk right now, with the exception of locating the mystery file that has disappeared into the black hole of Jim’s desk. I almost had words with Bob (his second in command) today. They just keep telling me they thought they brought it to me, and of course they didn’t. I guess if this continues we’ll have to have a meeting about it. I don’t think Jim has even looked yet.

I thought about what I was going to do at home tonight. There was nothing on the tube. I don’t think I can really read Dickens all evening, despite that I’m making pretty good progress on Copperfield at the mo. I called Rhonda on the way home; she had emailed me last weekend about getting together, and I responded, but haven’t heard from her. She had plans tonight, but we set up dinner next Tuesday. Tony continues to be asexual. At 19. Rhonda is completely fine with this, but if I were her I would be worried. But that’s her life.

I hit the gym, and signed on to the Internet when I got home, but was too restless to sit still. Justin called. He and Amanda had been antiquing today and bought me a sandwich glass tray I had looked at last weekend. It's just this cute little thing - I noticed them because Russ has one (although his is sick), but it was for a cream and sugar to sit on. They got the cream and sugar as well. I have been trying not to start collecting sandwich glass (and of course I need another cream and sugar like I need a padded bra), but I did like the little tray. It was thoughtful of them to remember I had looked at one last weekend.

I ate a bit, and put a load of laundry in to wash my gym clothes, but couldn’t decide what I wanted for supper. I decided to go on to the grocery store, which I have been putting off for days. I've been out of cream for a week and been drinking that powdered shit in my coffee. Since I was going anyway, I loaded up the recycling and hauled that off – that was overdue.

Since I was being so good, I got a couple of treats at the grocery store; some cherries (which I love, but which are so expensive), and a bag of microwave steam-able sugar snap peas.

So I got home, put the groceries all away, brought in the recycling bins, ate my peas and a fried egg sandwich on sourdough bread for supper, washed up all the dishes, folded a load of laundry, moved the new load to the dryer, and collapsed. I don’t know what brought all that on, but it’s good to get some stuff done, and more importantly to feel like getting it done. Hopefully I can sleep through the night tonight. I have to be at work early tomorrow for the &^%$%$#@!! quarterly meeting.

No comments: