Thursday, July 30, 2009

A post in which I put off doing housework, quelle surprise*

I finally went to my boss this morning to set up contingency plans for the California settlement conference today. Of course, after we put a plan in place and I prepped someone from the California office to go, the court found in our favor and I can appear by telephone. That’s ideal for us; since I’m sure the guy we’re suing won’t appear. We’ll get points with the judge just for showing up.

That freed up my plans with Fran for tomorrow night, so I chatted with her about that. We’re going to dinner tomorrow night (I have to decide where), and then to the flea market on Saturday morning. She has decided to leave the kids with her dad in NC, which I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand, I’d kind of like to meet them, and don’t want to be worried about them when she’s here (she has a somewhat tumultuous relationship with her relatives here); but on the other hand I’d just as soon not worry about smoking, drinking, cussing, or generally minding my p’s and q’s around little pitchers.

That means that she’s going to be at the house this weekend at some point. And the house is pretty much a wreck. I hit the gym (the soreness is almost all gone, thank goodness), and went home with the best of intentions to make myself do some cleaning, but one thing led to another. I ate supper and decided to sit down for a while before I got started. Then I saw that TCM was showing Gone With the Wind tonight. Then a buddy hit me up on email and wanted to come by…

By the time he came and went, and I got the kitchen cleaned up and got ready for bed, I was wiped. I did put some stuff away in the kitchen, and soaked the labels off the new console bowl I bought last weekend. I decided if I wake up early in the morning (which I frequently do) I’ll donate my coffee time to straightening up the house a bit. It could use it anyway, whether someone’s coming or not.

The other interesting thing that happened tonight was that B called. B is the guy that Russ introduced me to at the barber shop a couple of weeks ago. Russ called me Wednesday to tell me that B was coming in, and to make sure it was OK for him to give my phone number, which of course it was. I had wondered at first if he would call, but it had kind of slipped my mind when he called last night. We didn’t have wild chemistry when we first met, but he is a good looking guy. More worrisome to me was that he is in this on-again, off-again thing with his ex. He was telling me tonight that his family was in town last weekend, and his ex went out to dinner with them and showed his ass. I can see how his family might have asked about him if they knew him, but it kind of bothers me that he and his ex still seem to be involved so closely. I got a bit of a feeling tonight that he wouldn’t have called me if he wasn’t pissed at his ex over last weekend. Still, it’s just a date (I don't have to eval every guy I meet for marriage, right?), and we’ll see where it goes.

2 comments:

rhonda said...

ok, i just figured out what the * means.

i'm so proud of meself!

thefabulousmrthing said...

Yeah, that's deep code ;)