Friday, July 17, 2009

A post in which I end off the week nicely

I wore my new shoes to work today. That gave me a lift. By the end of the day, I was actually feeling pretty good.

I talked to Anna this afternoon, and her brother’s wedding was this weekend. When she called me back, she was getting ready to slip into her dress to go to the rehearsal dinner. You know, I would have paid cash money to see that. If it didn’t involve going to the wedding, anyway – I loathe weddings. But they’re happy about that one, and that’s good. I’m happy for them. I don’t hate weddings. I just hate when I have to go to them.

Sometimes, you’re hungry, and you really just can’t think (even with a gun to your head) what you want. That was not the case for me today. I wanted a fish taco from Long John Silver’s today so badly that I could almost taste it. And I’ve never even had one. Yes, I know, the fish tacos there are a culinary abortion, and bear about as much resemblance to the real thing as I do to Whoopi Goldberg. But they sure did look tasty on TV. I am putty in the marketer’s hands. Actually there are so few of those things they advertise on TV that I can actually have, I was kind of stoked about it.

Lacking anything else to do, I headed to Long John Silver’s after work, where I proceeded to gorge myself. I love French fries better than almost anything. The ‘tacos’ were pretty much as awful and as tasty as I thought they would be. It was pretty much a fish stick in a tortilla with some lettuce, a bit of cheese(as if it needed more fat – Long John Silver’s has some of the fattiest of all the fast food), and spicy mayo.

As I pulled out of LJS on my way home to read, I guess (I’m trying to get into David Copperfield again), dana called and invited me over to their house tonight. I cheerfully accepted. I took over the episode of 'Family Guy' where Stewie gets in to BDSM, and my copy of Sextette, since it’s been a while since I had seen it, and I figured dana, at least, would get a kick out of them. Wrong, oh so wrong. dana actually just left the room during the 'Family Guy' episode. They were put off by the extra-long Peter vomiting scene at the beginning of the episode (‘Peter’s Two Dads’). We made it about 45 minutes in to Sextette when Miss Kat just called a halt and said she couldn’t take any more. She’s not as big a fan of the B cinema as I am. Oh well; I tried.

Although we had eaten some muffins earlier, when I left their house I had the munchies so bad I could hardly stand it. I went through the Sonic drive-through and was like counting change out of the car to get tater tots and a milkshake. Then I went home and basically just buried my head in the bag until it was all gone.

I didn’t work out at all this week. I’m going to have to start back Monday without fail.

No comments: