Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A post in which I have dinner out with Anna

Worked on month end today.

I got in touch with people today to find out what folks were doing for the 4th. Russ and Billy are out of town, as is Justin. I had been thinking about painting my bedroom this weekend, but I can’t do it with no help. Plus the rockers on the porch really need painting first. I could look into renting a paint sprayer this weekend.

I did hear back from Laura though, and ended up being invited to Jennifer and Christina’s house for a pool party this weekend. They apparently just got a new pool. That should be fun.

I hit the gym after work. Trying to be good since there is a long weekend coming up.

Tonight was the first night in a LONG time that I had nothing that had to be done. There was no laundry that really had to be done. No cooking. No cleaning emergencies. I could just go home and veg. But when I got home I was restless. There were things that needed to be done, but nothing I felt like doing tonight.

So I called Anna. I wanted to take her some books, and return one she had loaned me anyway. There wasn’t really anything in the house for dinner, and I had a hankering for some Argentinean cuisine. She caught me just as I was thinking about eating something else, and we rode downtown. Unfortunately, Latin Express CafĂ© wasn’t open tonight.

But there is an Indian place I had heard good things about right around the corner so we scampered over there. The place is called Handi Indian Cuisine, and it’s right in downtown. It’s way more convenient to my place than either of the others, although India Palace isn’t far. We had a good meal. It was quite tasty, although I like the food at Saffron better. I do have to say that the Malai Kofta themselves were the best I have ever eaten. The food was spicy though – I’m used to it being dumbed down for Southerners and this, at medium level, was almost too spicy for me. The sauce was apparently made with sweet coconut milk as well. It had a good flavor, despite the heat, but I like that sauce when it is more savory.

Anna, as usual when we are eating Indian food, was in ecstasy.

We had a lovely meal, strolled through downtown and had a smoke, and then I ran her home. Tomorrow is another work day. But the last of the week! Yay!

No comments: