Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A post in which I catch up on work

I knew it was going to be a tough day today. When I woke up at 5:30, I just got up and got ready to go in. I packed my breakfast, stopped for coffee, smoked a cigarette, and made it to the office by 7:15. Since I wasn’t in yesterday, I had to pull my weekly report and get it going first. I got it out by 8:30, when the east coast team was coming in.

I worked a solid eight hours straight through, barely coming up for air – eating breakfast and lunch at my desk. I’m still working on pulling more useless backup for the attorney, and that took up a lot of my day. I had a meeting with my boss, caught up on calls, and left the office at 3:30 for a dentist appointment.

Of course I could care less, really. But I do know that it would be worse to be a used-up unemployed gay man with no money who can’t pay his bills than to be a used-up middle-aged gay man with at least a house.

When I got home, it was a huge relief. First, to be home, and blessedly alone. Second, to know that I accomplished Herculean tasks today and that tomorrow wouldn’t be as hard. I ate an excellent bowl of homemade curry for supper.

I worked on the blog, catching it up, did some little household stuff, but all I really wanted to do was smoke. When I finished my stuff, I took a glass of iced tea out on the porch and indulged for a while. After that I took a pill and went to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

used up? middle aged ? my ass ! Im gonna come to Greenville and beat your silly ass(and not the fun way)We are Not liking the sound of that shit.......... AT ALL ( and thats a ROYAL WE........ not a mouse in sight).WE are also ....NOT AMUSED.... THAT WE ARE OLDER THAN YOURSELF AND STILL, YOUNG AND PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL( well... as long as our teeth are in and our hair is combed correctly and our girdle is on.lol You are a sweet, intelligent, attractive ,talented hung,witty,sarcastic,MAHVELOUS BIATCH and a TRUE TREASURE of my life.This IS YE ONLY WARNING (I know where my heels , hair and ninnies are stored and if needed... I can be SHE ,ASAP to deliver that previously, promised, ass whuppin'.ALMOST all of this missive is in fun (except that SAPPY ASSED, part about how wonderful you are and how veddy, veddy, veddy, MUCH you mean to me and how much I thank the creator, that I have been blessed to have known you ,all these years AND YEARS AND YEARS LOL.Well.... to wrap this silliness up........ it all comes down to this ..............I LOVE YOU STEVE .........and I am grateful I got you in my life (however sparse ) We need to work on that part BTW .I've known tons of people throught my life and can count on one hand the people I call FRIEND .....and...... Missy you are number ONE!! Hell....you know stuff NOBODY knows or will know EVER and I am completey comfortable with you knowing it LOL( of course I will kill you if you tell) I may say 'just steve ' but what that means is.... My wonderful ,fabulous ,incredible,miraculous ,blessing of GOD friend........ STEVE !!!!!!! MUAH !SMOOCH !KISS !KISS!.....NIPPLE LICK!! (LMFGAO)HUGS! MUGS! EYELASH BATS !ETC ETC ETC !!! PS thanks you for being a friend I almost left out a reference to TV, Blanche can't do that!!ye Gods I'm becoming Sophia after all !!! LOL love you,Michael (and JOE)