Saturday, December 1, 2007


I had the weirdest dream last night. I was at this dinner, and there were a bunch of people there. Someone next to me that I didn't know suddenly turned to me, and was like "Wow! You're hair smells great!", and then other people started coming up to me and smelling my hair. Then this voice of authority behind me goes "Now wait, wait a minute!" So I'm thinking they're going to restore order. Then they say "Who all here wants to smell Steve's hair?" And all these hands go up! And then my authority says "Fine, that's fine, but not all at once, just come up by fives, otherwise it's too overwhelming!" I am dumbfounded. I look over at my friend beside me, and she's like, "Are you going to let them do this?" And I said "Well I guess there's no harm in it, why not?" Well during all this time, people have been coming over to smell my hair. They all the sudden, one of them says "Wow, his clothes smell really good too!" And then all these people started smelling my clothes. The thought goes across my mind that I'm really glad I took a shower before I came, and that dream sequence ended with all these people smelling me all over.

I know where that came from though. I didn't have time to take a shower before I went for the sleep study last night, and I was a bit self-conscious when the guy was gluing wires all over me. I was afraid I would offend. His name was Sylvester, and he was very nice, very laid back, and an attractive guy, except for the little Billy D Williams mustache; a look I have never been able to get into. Still it was nice to have someone so pleasant to chat with while he hooked me up, which takes 30-45 minutes. I had TCM on the TV in the bedroom, and we were chatting about old movies. As a het, he was greatly impressed with my knowledge of vintage cinema trivia, even though I know no more than your average ole run-of-the-mill gay guy. I did see a clip from an old Crawford pic I haven't seen yet that I would like to catch some time, but didn't get the name. Maybe Sweet Justin will know.

I did have time to go out to dinner with Russ, Billy, Justin, and his new beau Graham. I was a little apprehensive about meeting Graham, but things went well. We ended up going to some little country place where the food wasn't that great, aside from a fabulous piece of fried catfish, and some cheesecake that was really good (real, thank goodness, brought in frozen). But it was only $5, so I guess you can't ask for much. We just had time for dinner before I had to leave to go to the hospital.

***

Well my lack of sleep study is over, thank God. I've been in a great mood today, but I'm not sure if its because of the extra oxygen last night, or just because I'm so damn glad that its OVER. It took me an hour and a half and two sleeping pills to get to sleep last night. It is very hard to sleep with a refrigerated leaf-blower blowing up your nose. After I finally got to sleep, they woke me up after three hours because the pressure was turned up so high. I basically passed back out because of all the drugs in me after they turned the pressure down some. I slept for another three hours, then the damn thing woke me up again. I felt like I couldn't breathe, and you can't move because of all the wires glued all over you. At that point, half-asleep, I reached up and loosened the strap and moved the thing off my nose. Just as I was going back to sleep, the attendant said he could tell I had moved the mask, and asked me if I wanted to sleep there the rest of the night, or go home. Drugged out of my mind, I managed to drive home, and collapsed for another three hours of sleep. So since I rarely get nine hours of sleep, I don't feel sleepy today, but I'm not sure what all this came from. I know that I can get up two times a night and wake up at 5am without an expensive machine to help me do it.

No comments: