Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Well I got my desk back under control today, thank goodness.

Boring night. Took off the recycling before it ate the house, cleaned up the latest cat vomit, and made the Mom tea. Whenever Mom comes, I make some of her super sweet decaffeinated tea, since she's switched to help with osteoporosis. I used to drink her tea growing up, but I can't drink it now, you can eat that stuff over pancakes. It is a small miracle I am not diabetic.

To bed early so I can scrub the shower in the morning. I'm kind of trying to decide what I have to do before she gets here. It's always a judgment call, since her house is always spotless, and my house is one big spot usually.

I'm taking her out for her birthday, which is today. I couldn't get in to The Peppermill, so I'm taking her to Sassafras instead. I thought about taking her to La Bastide, the French place here in town, but I think that would have made me happier than it did her. I think she'll be happier where we're going, and I know they have excellent shrimp and grits.

No comments: