Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dinner at eight

Lovely day. Got up and jaunted through the jockey lot. Just picked up some fruit and stuff for next week. Ran errands and headed up to Charlotte. Lee and Clayton had invited me to their house for a Christmas party. Wore my new blue hoodie that I got for Christmas. Everything is perfect about it but the neck hole, which is really small. I pulled my earring off changing for dinner tonight when I pulled it over my head.

Stopped at Thai Taste again for lunch on the way up, since I was practically going right by, but got into a bit of a jam. Didn't realize had to go right by the mall up there to get to the restaurant, and it took me a bit longer than I thought, but was worth it. The food, once again, was divine.

After leaving the restaurant, realized I had forgotten my kilt, which I was going to wear to dinner. Will have to wear camoflage pants now, as that is the only other (complete) outfit I have. Sucks, but will have to do. Fortunately, Lee and Clayton are old friends, and will understand.

Got up to Charlotte and shamefully took a nap while Lee finished up dinner. The table was gorgeous, as always. Lee has beautiful things. It was a nice dinner, if a bit dull. Two of the guests were closeted gay republicans, and they were out of their comfort zone, basically. I did what I could to entertain, but sometimes you are limited by your audience. There were two bear guys who were cool, and they invited a cute guy name Marvin that I had met before. He is a pocket bear and Latino also, which I love, and he is attracted to me too. Unfortunately, he lives with his mother, and they are raising two of his cousins that he brought to America. He has an amazingly busy and responsibility-laden life, and really no time to date or have a boyfriend. Still, it was fun to flirt. He is a cute and nice guy, and a smart-ass, which I like.

We started the meal with a cheese plate as an appetizer, which was nice, but kind of wasted on the audience, most of whom were apparently not very culinarily adventuresome. It was kind of like my witty bon mots had been - for the most part, over their heads. Sigh. Sometimes there are drawbacks to living in the South.

Lee had planned a Youtube montage for after dinner that provided fodder for conversation, since those there really didn't have tons in common. It worked out.

No comments: