Sunday, December 9, 2007

If only love were as simple as the flea market

Woke up to another day of fun. We met Russ at the Barnyard flea market in Duncan, after a brief run through Starbucks. If you haven't been- you need to go! It is great. I have some mixed feelings about it, based on a rumor I heard, but since I don't know whether or not it's true, I won't post it. There are some awesome vendors going in there, and we found lots of cool stuff. My mom and Russ had gotten together to get me a blue hoodie I wanted for Christmas, and Russ brought it with him. It is just what I wanted, and fits great. Mom got me a little Christmas decoration I wanted, since I'm not putting up a tree or anything this year.

As usual we had fun looking at the purty redneck boys, and other people there. There was one woman there whose baby's head was so big, it hurt Russ and I both just to look at him, and of course neither on of us has ever had a child!

After that it was lunch out, Mom and I were both starving. Then she left to go home. I was exhausted - again - on a Sunday. Yeah, act surprised. I took a nap, and then headed over to Russ and Billy's for dinner. We were going to watch a movie, but it got too late. I still had to make a cheese ball for the food day at work tomorrow.

Dinner out with Russ and Billy was nice, as always, despite having a pretty "phoning-it-in" waiter. We caught up on each other's parties, since they had been to three the night before. Honestly, just hearing about their social life makes me tired.

In between the flea marketing and stuff though, something interesting happened. I had a guy IM me through Bear411. He was hot, and thought I was hot. We exchanged emails, and started emailing back and forth. He is cute, a bit kinky, and able to construct a complete sentence! He also plays the piano. I love musical men. They're intense, have great hands, and are willing to practice over and over until they get it right. Plus, I have always had a secret fantasy about having a piano player lover, so I could just go in anywhere and go "HIT IT, JOHNNIE!" and go into a show at a moment's notice. This guy is a concert pianist though, so I guess he would be the star. But still. How great is that?

I talked to him some more on the phone on the way home. He is a very sexy guy. I finally just asked him what was wrong with him, since he seemed so perfect (for those of you thinking this is unfair, I am perfectly willing to answer this question about myself, to potential new boyfriends); and he told me. So it isn't going to be the fairy tale ending I had hoped for, and I have some thinking to do. Still, it's nice to know going in. I have mixed feelings, but I am very attracted to him. Among other things, he is 9 years younger than me. That could be an issue, although not the main one. I am going to at least meet him, though, before I make any decisions. I have been trying to pre-qualify guys as husband material way too quickly. It would be nice just to go to dinner with a good looking funny guy that I like. Maybe I can put decisions off for a while. Although, I feel the stirrings of great passion. I could be wrong though. Lord knows I am often enough.

Even if things don't work out, though, it is very encouraging to me that there are guys like him out there in the state. Maybe I won't have to decide between my home and my love life.

With all this spinning in my head, I finished my cheese ball, and crawled to the bed.

No comments: