Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Things finally started falling into place today. I stopped putting things off, I guess because I had to LOL

Got up and made my hearts of palm chili, so I can whoop my quiche in the oven tomorrow early.

Wrapped presents for about 3 hours while I watched strange Christmas specials on Lifetime. Watched "Ebbie", because I hadn't seen it before. It was pretty hard core. But then the Dickens original is pretty hard core. Most people don't realize it, because the adaptations cut it out, but in the original 'A Christmas Carol' during the glimpse of Christmas Future, Tiny Tim is actually laid out dead in the upstairs bedroom. Pretty grim, huh?

Also made my pound cake for Helen. That was the last of the Christmas cooking I had to do until the bear party. It got a bit overdone, but still looked fine. I had been reminding myself to find a plate for it, but the flea market was rained out yesterday, and they didn't have any Christmas platters at Kmart except for the awful plastic things. I finally found one on sale at CVS today. They didn't give me the discount, I realized when I got home, but it was so reasonable, it really didn't matter.

This was the system the cats and I worked out for wrapping gifts:

1) Wrap the present.
2) Put on the ribbon.
3) Put the present in the other room.
4) Cats chew off the ribbon.
5) Cats throw up the ribbon in the floor.
6) Clean up vomit.
7) Trim ribbon on package.
8) Repeat.

Once we got going, I got a lot done.

I hate to wrap presents. And they usually turn out looking like I hate to wrap them. But I was trying this year. Michael used to do that for me, but I didn't want to have the gifts looking bad just because he wasn't here, so I was kind of making more of an effort. I got Billy's present wrapped, and it was so pretty, the prettiest one I had done so far. I placed it carefully in the living room, then walked back into the kitchen to find Billy's gift sitting on the counter. Because I didn't know what was in the pretty gift, I had to unwrap it to find out. Sigh. I also apparently own no gift boxes. So one present is wrapped in a pasta box, but since she can't read yet, I don't guess she'll mind.

No comments: