Sunday, December 16, 2007

Home again, home again


Shopping with Lee, which is just what we do. It was nice. Got a new work shirt that I really didn't need, but $13 for a Chaps shirt was too good to pass up. Also got some Charles Chips, and a can of See's Candies "Toffee-ettes", possibly the most delicious confection ever made. My friend Jaimie turned me on to them, as she always had them at her house at Christmas. We called them "cat box cookies", which is kind of what they look like, but surely manna from heaven has never been so delicious. I only buy one tin a year, since they have 8,000,000 calories per each, and a one pound tin is really only two Steve-size servings. My other favorite Christmas candy is Reese's Christmas trees, which are SO much better than the regular peanut butter cups because the peanut butter is so much thicker - MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Reese's peanut butter....

Oh sorry. Got up this morning and made potato pancakes for brekkie out of left over mashed potato. It is my grandmother's recipe, which I finally got the hang of. Also did the washing up, as Lee was exhausted, and not used to doing dishes by hand, as am I. He has such beautiful china and crystal, it is hardly work, as they are a joy to handle. But then I never mind washing up after company. It gives you time to re-live the evening. Plus, dish-washing time for me is kind of the equivalent of meditation, when I work things out, and turn ideas over in my head. Kind of like fishing is for straight men, only without the beer.

That's about it. After marathon shopping in Charlotte, came home, bunged some split peas in the crock pot for soup for this week, and went to bed. Still, was a lovely weekend.

It's so good to feel like myself again. I am just now, finally feeling more like myself in the last two weeks than I have in the last year. I just seemed to snap back into me like a rubber band. I could care less about dating, and don't need a man to complete me. I'm sure I will still be lonely at times, but I no longer feel like a loser just for being single. I would like someone else, sure, and if someone comes along that's great, but I don't feel like I have to have someone again, and have made my peace with the fact that that just may not happen. So be it. There is no reason I can't have a vital and interesting life on my own.

I'm even looking forward to Christmas

No comments: