Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy, busy, busy - fat, fat, fat


Terribly busy last night, but it's my own fault. Had to go get a new Christmas present for some friends I bought the wrong thing for. Then had to buy cat food. I really wasn't going to run out next week while I'm off work. Some people worry about their pets eating them if they die. I'm worried mine may start dividing me up BEFORE I die. Jinx and Crooner are both chow hounds. I can just see Jinx getting out a little chart at night, and going over it like Wyle E. Cayote. "Let me point out the flavor zones: strawberry, roast pheasant, licorice..." After that ran in to Burlington Coat Factory to see if they had any of the slippers I like. They had one pair. Now I know I could have asked for them for Christmas, but there is only one kind I like, they are really hard to find, and frankly, I wouldn't put anyone else through the search. After that I went by the library to pick up books on hold. I ran out of books earlier this month, and panicked. Now I have 7 out. I don't think I'll be able to finish them before they are due. I had thought I would do some reading while I'm off next week, but I have so much going on now, it doesn't look as if that is going to happen.

I suppose I could have worse problems. I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am to have so many friends and people who care about me. I know there are some people who won't feel they have anywhere to go for Christmas, and I have at least 5 different places I have been invited. Makes me tear up. But then I'm a soft touch at Christmas. I've been crying over everything lately.

After got in from errands, tossed some leftover scampi (thanks Mom!) down my throat and went over the Miss Kat and Dana's for a visit. I had promised Dana I would come see them this week. It is always good to see them, and I had tales of shopping from this weekend to relate. They are both so dear to me, and it is so good to see them so happy together. Gives me hope

Unfortunately, when I came home from their house, I had the munchies something awful, and I had all that food in the house. And this was AFTER I made myself sick at work on Sponge Candy the agency sent. I ate like a pig, and then fell into bed, and woke up this morning big as a house. Sigh. I suppose I can lose some weight after Christmas.

I had to have a serious talk with my pants this morning before work:

Me: You are going to button! I have to go to work!!!

Pants: Screw you, Gigantor, we ain't a gonna do it!

Me: Yes you ARE!

Pants: NO we're NOT!

I did finally get them buttoned, but neither one of us is very happy about it.

No comments: