Friday, November 30, 2007

Reasons that it sucks to be me

As some of you do not know, I have the worst luck with slow people in the world. This is either God making me pay for my impatience, or Vishnu forcing me to pay back some kind of rushing karma from a former life. I was in a huge hurry this morning, because I had errands to run this morning before work. This is how it went:

- Rushed to the Spinx, delighting to find an open pump. When I pulled up, however, not only was there a huge SUV trying to get to it as well, there was some man standing there with no car doing something with the pump. He didn't look as if he worked there. It turned out he ran a yard service or something, and was using pumps on BOTH sides of the island to fill gas cans. Grrr.

- Rushed into the grocery store for fruit, and grabbed a couple of bananas for lunch. Got to the one open register to find a senior citizen there (at 8 freakin AM!!) buying her groceries - with a handful of coupons. The diligent cashier went through every coupon, making sure it was being used appropriately. After this process was completed, the woman began writing a calligraphy check, carefully crossing each t, making little flourishes, etc with her arthritic hands, all the while carrying on a leisurely conversation with the cashier, who delightedly informed us all that the the calligrapher attended the same church she did.

- Rushed to the CVS to pick up the sleeping pills I have to have for tonight. There were two cars waiting at the "convenient drive-thru" window, since they routinely let people sit there while their prescriptions are filled. How does this save time? Go IN the fricking store! Well I had dropped my prescription off yesterday so I could just dash by and get it today, but I had to get out and go in. When I left, the same two cars were parked at the window.

- Peeled out of the parking lot, now late for work. I have to make a right at the light to get onto the road. Of course, there was some nimno sitting in the right hand lane, not turning, when there was a perfectly good forward only lane right beside him.

No comments: