Saturday, December 22, 2007

First day of my vacation

Sigh. What a lovely feeling. I have already decided to be lazy today. Didn't do much of anything productive.

I went to the flea market, but didn't buy much of anything. Didn't even get vegetables. Figured I'd do that tomorrow. I will be going to the flea market every possible day since I'm off. Yay!

Called Billy, Russ has gone to see his family. We ate at the MOST amazing new restaurant called Anna's International in Greer of all places. When we walked in, I was really expecting something out of "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares". The menu was extensive, and covered several types of cuisine. I didn't see how they could possibly turn out all these different types of dishes.

Well I was totally wrong. Not only did they do it, but the food was sensational. Billy had a pasta with chicken in vodka sauce. The sauce was exquisite, obviously made there, fresh, and bursting with flavor, including fresh basil. The pasta appeared to be fresh instead of dried. I had Flounder Fracaise, and it was fabulous. The fish enrobed in a delicate, yet not greasy or overpowering egg batter, and covered with a lemon, butter and wine sauce so light, as subtle as a baby's breath on your palate, yet delicious and flavorful. It was lovely. I will be going back there.

But in the meantime, I have tons to do tomorrow.

No comments: