Friday, December 21, 2007

'Tis the season...


I consumed 1,520 calories today of JUST COOKIES (eek, but really, yummm)

OK, first, I love that card, it is one I actually received from Sweet Justin for Christmas. You have to magnify it to read the caption, sorry. I was so impressed that I finally converted it from a .pdf to a .jpeg that I was afraid to mess with it any more. Yes, I'm kind of like Lucy on a computer.

Lovely evening. Justin came over to watch movies. Now Voyager was supposed to be on, but TCM apparently changed the schedule and showed Dark Victory instead. Still a great movie, and still all about Bette, but a serious downer. Also, as much as I love it, I have to say that watching it now, I see things that don't make sense to me. But still, it's Bette. I was a bit worried it would get me down. I always just lose it when she's planting those flowers. But apparently I am moving out of the whole depression thing for real. I was fine. I'm not as fragile as I have been in the last year, and Thank God for that!

We also watched The PeeWee Herman Christmas Special, which I bought last year on the advice of a certain friend who shall remain nameless. It had it's highlights, I have to say. KD Lang was on, apparently early in her career, doing weird scary drag in a cowgirl outfit. I think this was when she was still trying to go mainstream. I'm sure she wishes every copy of this special was destroyed. She has no idea what she's doing. I think they told her, "bigger, broader, and if you can't be femme, be perky!" So she is basically acting like Katie Couric on speed and about a case of Buzz Cola. I was horrificated. I've always been impressed by the dignity of an established butch. Watching this was like watching them decorate the Lincoln Memorial with strings of Hello Kitty lights. Thank God she went Indie.

No comments: