Friday, December 28, 2007

My day off on my vacation

Well today was my day off. After pulling family duties the last two days and getting my shopping done, I was ready for some serious veg time. While I have been off work, my addiction to the British show "How Clean is Your House?" has intensified. For those of you who have never seen the show, these two very strict British nanny types descend upon dirty Britains, enter their homes (some of which are amazingly filthy) and clean them up; but not without a good talking-to first. I love it when they call the filth offender to the carpet and he or she has to stand there and be castigated. I also wonder how many British BDSM submissives are home pleasuring themselves as they watch. BDSM just makes you see the world differently.

Anyway, as I was into my second episode, I looked around my living room, and decided Kim and Aggie (the women from HCiYH) would think I was a bit spodgy myself. I had been needing the clean the corner behind the sofa for a while, but dreading it. Crooner (aka Crooner the Hut, my boyo cat) has allergies, and he loves to sit on the table behind the sofa and snort out kittysnots all over the walls, window, table, etc. And that shit won't come off. I have often said, if that space shuttle had been put together with cat snot, those astronauts would be alive today. So that was my problem. I was scrubbing the paint off the walls, but the Croonersnot was still on there. But Kim and Aggie solved my problem. You use shaving cream (not gel). It is concentrated soap, and the alcohol and propellant in it loosen grime. Plus, it's thick enough to cling to the spot, instead of running off. Some of it still had to be persuaded with a label remover, but this was the first thing that has shifted it at all. So I deep cleaned half the living room, and felt most virtuous and pleased with myself.

That took most of the afternoon, so after that I did a bit of wash and vegged with a clear conscience.

No comments: