Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A post in which things are back in order

For the most part. 

Jeffrey (thank God) came in today.  I immediately forwarded him my works in progress, and he was able to get the weekly reports finished fairly quickly. The meetings for those numbers, though re-scheduled, were able to happen. 

I turned back to my regular work and got my desk sorted so I could leave.  I would have been happier if he had completed the US short form today, but it isn't due until Friday, and he'll be in the office tomorrow, so it shouldn't be an issue.  I checked in with my boss before I left, and let him know the status on things.  It's hard for me to leave the office without knowing that things will run smoothly and be turned in on time, but I really have done all I could do to foster that this month.  There will be plenty of time to finish up all the Canada work after I return (their schedule is different than the US - much more sane, and there is actually time to do the work).

I got home and collapsed, drunk on the luxury of having some time off, and rather limp after all the stress of the week.  The last two days were some of the hardest I have had with the company, and I am profoundly grateful they're over. 

I had a message today from Russ about the ride down again.  Apparently some time between last night and this morning, Rhonda changed her mind about going.  So I'll be riding down by myself.  I am so glad I didn't agree to go down tonight.  There is no way I want to do that drive after the last couple of days. 

Tonight I stayed in and ate left-overs.  I am trying to clean the perishables out of the fridge before I leave.  I finished laundry and packed.  I made a small batch of lemonade out of the last lemon in the house, which needed to be used.  I watched Master Chef, which is really good this season.  I hoped that the one I hate would be sent home tonight, but they decided to keep her. 

Tomorrow - Savannah!

No comments: