Saturday, July 6, 2013

A post in which it is the big day

So I slept pretty well this morning.  When I woke up, I was in no hurry to get up.  One, I was losing my bedroom tonight to Rob, because Jo Ann's guy Dan was coming in: and two, I figured no one would be up for hours anyway, so there was really no point in leaping out of bed.  I had signed on to my computer and was lounging around like a maharini when Billy tapped on the door to tell me we were going to breakfast - super! 

Russ, Billy, Logan, Miss Kat, Dana, and I headed for the local Perkins.  Now I hadn't been too impressed with the Perkins in Greenville, but it was nice to be out with the gang.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Our server was super nice, all our orders were right, and my food was really good.  They even made Miss Kat's eggs the way she likes them, and that hardly ever happens. 

We headed back to the house and relaxed for a while before heading out to the pool.  We watched movies, hung out, and relaxed.  There was discussion of a cook-out for lunch, but because breakfast had been late and large, we didn't really get around to that.

While we were lounging around in the house, Jo Ann overheard that my phone was having issues, and that I was waiting for Billy to upgrade.  "I've got a Thunderbolt I'm not using that you can have." she said.  Jo Ann is an early adopter too, so she didn't need it any longer.  I am not proud.  At all.  So I accepted it with profuse thanks.  I can hardly wait to have it activated!  Woo HOO!

We were in the pool with cocktails when Marty and Petal arrived.  They changed and headed out as Dana, Rob and I went out to get the shrimp for the Low Country Boil.  I went out with them to run errands and get the rest of the stuff for supper.

About the time we got back, Dan came in.  Now Dan is Jo Ann's guy, and I hadn't met him before, although I have heard an awful lot about him.  At first glance, he was a fairly standard-looking guy.  But then he hits you with those eyes.  He has intense light-blue eyes that are kind of like being pierced by twin lasers.  After being skewered, I was like "OK, now I get it."  He was here to see Jo Ann, and that's fine, but he was cordial to everyone else.  I didn't interact with him that much, but he seemed nice. 

When we got back we all relaxed before starting hors d'oeuvres and cocktails on the fabulous porch.  The boil was prepared, and the feast began.  The weather has been cool enought that it was enjoyable to sit outside, so I had the first plate outside with folks on the porch, and then moved indoors for the second plate.  Jo Ann, being Jo Ann, had made me my own separate boil (without sausage).  It's very sweet of her to do it, but I hate for her to go to the trouble when she already has a house full of people to deal with. 

So after we ate, it was time for more relaxing and lying around.  We watched some movies, and played on our relative electronic pacifiers.  It has been a good trip, and a nice visit.  I have really enjoyed seeing everyone.  It's kind of sad that it's all over tomorrow. 

No comments: