Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A post in which I have dinner out

It was another pretty quiet day at work. 

I emailed Billy and Logan today about getting speakers for the computer, and Billy emailed me back that they had a set I could have.  They have a LOT of electronics, being early adopters and such.  So after work I went by to pick them up.  Sure enough, it was a really nice set of speakers - perhaps a bit more than I needed, but I guess better to have more firepower than you need than less.

After we got the stuff out of the closet, Billy and I sat and talked for a while.  Logan was working late, and Russ wasn't home yet.  We had a good talk.  It was good to re-connect with Billy and just get some stuff out there.  Their moving into a cirus tent of ever-changing crowds has been a rough adjustment for me.  I've just had to adjust to seeing less of them, and at times it has been lonely.  But all relationships change.  That's just life.  I'm trying to focus on the enjoying the time they have for me, and finding other things to do.  Uusally now if I'm home by myself it's by choice, for time off.

They're going to River's Edge for the weekend, and man would I really love to go.  But I've made plans with Gary for Sunday.  Russ was trying to talk me into going down for Saturday, but I really need to stay home and do stuff. 

When Russ got off work, we went to Irashiai for sushi.  We enjoyed the meal, but there was a very large party behind us that made a lot of noise.  Still, it was nice. 

Afterwards I said my goodnights and headed home.  I really should have gone on to bed, but I had those new speakers, and I really wanted to set them up and see how they sounded, so I did.  In the process, I knocked the cover off one of my recessed lights in the kitchen, and I spent as much time trying to get that back on (those are really aggravating fixtures) as I did putting the speakers in place.  In the end though, I got it all hooked up and it sounded GREAT.  I'll need to move some things around in the kitchen, but that's overdue.  I rocked out while I washed dishes, and then turned in. 

No comments: