Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A post in which I see the folks

So the cats hide from me sometimes.  I have to find them in the morning before I leave for work to make sure that they're not shut up in the bedroom or something.  Yesterday morning, I looked all over the house for Crooner.  Here lately, they've been living on top of the new display cabinet in the living room, but he was nowhere to be found. Eventually I gave up and headed to work.  This morning, I found his new hiding place:


Alan was caught up in the big mess at LaGuardia airport today.  He was on his way to Canada and was there when they shut it down.  That resulted in a 24-hour delay.  (He wasn't actually in the wreck.)

So I hadn't seen the folks in about a month now.  They had the three-week vacation that was extended to four weeks because Dad ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.  Then the next week they had the power go out in half the house (due to a lamp Eve had bought that shorted out and flipped a breaker switch they couldn't find).  Then after that they went to see Grandma in Wilkesboro. 

We decided to go to Portofino's tonight, and it was a s good as always.  I had been thinking about the trip this afternoon, and was all primed for some of their lovely, decadent cannelloni.  Fabulous.

We had plenty to talk about since we hadn't seen each other in a while, and everyone was on their best behavior.  Things went well, and it was a nice evening. 

On the way home I ran to the store.   I only bought a few things, and then realized when I got home that I would just have to go back the next night, but whatever.  It was fine. 

No comments: