Monday, July 22, 2013

A post in which I have stuff to do

When I left work tonight, I had to go to the store since I didn't do that Sunday evening.  I knew what I needed, and thought I could get it all at Aldi.  I did get most of it, but suprisingly they didn't have any general purpose cleaner, like Spic N Span or something.  So that means another foray tomorrow.

I got home and put everything away, then started working in the kitchen.  I heated up all the left-overs from last night at Tupelo Honey, and actually had a nice little supper out of that.  Then I started working on cucumbers for a side this week.  The cucumbers felt - odd.  I'm not sure what it was, they must have been on the old side, but they felt spongy.  It was weird.  But they were free, so I cut out the bad places, semi-skinned them, ran them through the mandolin and added some onion.  I mixed up a quick oil and vinegar dressing, gave them a toss, and threw them in the fridge. 

Then, at last, it was time to do what I had been waiting to do.  The hearthg was dry, and I hadn't put anything on it for over 24 hours.  I got my stobs, which I had carefully painted and padded on the bottom with my old mousepad.  When I put them in place, though, I found that the FLOOR wasn't level (part of living in an old house), but because I had some pieces of mousepad I had kept, I eventually moved everything around and got it level. 

I picked out pieces to go in there, got out plate and bowl stands, cleaned all the glass in the cabinet, and then cleaned all the pieces I was putting in there.  Eventually, I got it pretty much arranged.  I cleaned a lot of the glass out of the window over the sink, and now I have to get all that cleaned and re-arranged, but I have some room to buy some pieces now.  It was getting kind of stacked up in the window.  I'm also over-due for a glass day with Justin, where we take everything out (I need to get the stuff out of the attic and all, and decide what I'm going to display) and re-arrange all the displays in the house. 

It was nice to get it all back together, and re-claim the living room - it has kind of been disarranged since the July 8th, when they dropped the cabinet off.

I got cleaned up and got to bed, where I could not sleep.  A wink.  I tossed and turned, watched TV, and finally took a pill, but I had a hard time dropping off tonight.  I had iced tea with dinner, and although it was delicious, I wonder if that was the problem.

No comments: