Friday, July 26, 2013

A post in which it is Friday

For some reason, I just can't shake off this worthlessness.  I got what had to be done today done, but I had a hard time getting anything else done.  I was just kind of waiting for the weekend.

After work I was trying to decide what to do.  I didn't need to spend any money.  I didn't feel like going to see Miss Kat and Dana.  I just had a case of the mousy blahs.  But I didn't want to eat a tomato sandwich for supper - I'd had one for lunch.  I made the decision to go to Fresh Market and spend my Christmas gift cards on something scrummy for dinner.  As I pulled into the parking lot I got a text message, and checked it before going in.  It was from Billy, inviting me to dinner with him and Russ.  Logan is working late again.  I was very glad to accept, and ran home to change clothes.

I got to the house and it was so good to see them.  I was chattering away as we got ready to leave.  We went to Della Ventura for supper.  My meal was delicious (as usual) but not cheap.  I decided to have something other than my usual order tonight, and ordered shrimp in a garlic butter sauce (called 'Shrimp Stacey') that was quite good.  We had dessert too, and I had forgotten how great their Tiramisu is (that is one of my very favorite desserts ever).

So after dessert we went back to their house, quite satisifed, and settled in to visit for a while.  I'm thinking about ditching DirecTV (I really, really want all the cable poeple out of my house), so Billy ran through some of the alternatives available on their TV.  There's a lot more out there.  They are thinking about having their cable taken out too, so I'll see how they do, and then maybe get Billy to help me with it.  The prices for TV have just gotten ridiculous.  I pay more for drivel to be pumped into the house than I do for power, water, or gas for heaven's sake - $83 per month for BASIC.  The very smallest package they offer!  That is cuh-razy. 

So we watched some stand-up comedy and hung out for a while, and then I went home to bed.  It was a nice start to the weekend.

No comments: