Monday, April 26, 2010

A post in which the painting is done!!

I got up this morning and picked my way through the house getting ready for work. James had thoughtfully helped me get the dresser fixed so I could get clothes out this morning, but it’s still kind of like living in downtown Beirut. It reminded me of Christmas when the house was all torn up, although it had been in much worse shape then.

I arrived home from work to find Jeff and James cheerful, hot, and sexy in the house – would that I could come home to such happiness every day. They really are sweet guys. All the windows open, and the bedroom was beautifully finished being painted – far beyond my expectations. Even my exacting Virgo eye could find no fault with what they had done, which is very rare. It was gorgeous. Jeff had even gone around the woodwork with an artist’s brush to make sure all the lines were good. James had worked wonders with the awful fireplace in there, the concrete face of which has been quietly moldering away since before I obtained the right to vote, I am sure.

I thanked them from the bottom of my heart, and meant every word.

We fooled around for a bit, putting up valances, moving furniture, etc, trying to get a feel for what the finished room would look like. Jeff cleaned brushes. We sat and talked for a while, then headed out to dinner.

I just can't get over how completely different the room looks. It seems kind of elegant and a bit cold. I wanted it to be different - I got it in spades.

I took them to a little Mexican place near the house. The food there is excellent, plus they still have a smoking section, so really the best of all possible worlds. I’ve been there twice this week, and my food was right both times. Also great. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining the concept of vegetarian to them. But all was well tonight.

I found out tonight that Jeff had never seen South Park: The Movie, so we watched it when we got back to the house. The movie was better than I remembered, and Jeff seemed to enjoy it. I love it when the house is full of friends. It feels so good. I love my home, but I think it needs more people in it more regularly.

When the movie was over, they headed back home, and I picked around for a bit before I went to bed. The bedroom, paradoxically, is now the cleanest and most ordered room in the house. I’m waiting to clean before I re-load the room.


The closet corner again, this time much more excellently cut in by Jeff. The leopard chest is back in there, although I'm not sure I'm going to keep it now. James and Jeff moved the big pieces back into the room this afternoon.

No comments: