Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A post in which I am naughty and idle

OK, with next week shaping up the way it is, I really, really need to get stuck in and get my hat done. But I’m having problems with my base (usually the hardest part), and having a hard time getting motivated. I was supposed to shop for bases on the way home today, but all I really wanted to do was go home and read. I was also starving.

One of the vendors brought in “school lunches” for us at work today. Sloppy joes, mixed vegetables, tater tots, and ice cream cups. So I had mixed vegetables and tater tots for lunch. The ice cream cups were surprisingly rather tasteless. I think they were better when you used to eat them with those little wooden paddles. Anyway, by the end of the day, I was fairly ravenous.

I decided that I’ve been good enough over the last couple of weeks that I could go out to dinner tonight if I wanted, this despite having 87 pounds of egg salad in the fridge to eat. I called Anna to see if she would go to dinner with me, but didn’t get an answer. I thought about calling Kimbley and Laura because it’s really been too long since I’ve seen them, but it seemed like a big rigmarole to get into. So I just went on home.

The yard guy came by today. I had been meaning to call him, since the grass is like knee-deep, but he saved me the trouble. He’s going to come tomorrow and take care of it, which is lovely. I just haven’t really had the time to fool with the yard this year, but I need to get some things done. The bushes really need trimming. I’ll get to it. Neither of the neighbors have cleaned up their yards so far, so it isn’t critical yet.

I ate dibs and dabs out of the fridge. There were things in there that needed to be eaten before they ‘went to the bad’, as Grandma Shumate says. So I ate them. I had bought two kinds of chips to go with Miss Kat’s guacamole, so the bag she didn’t choose was in the house. I ate some of them. I had gotten a prize of milk chocolate figurines for my second place at the egg dying party, so I ate some milk chocolate for dessert.

Myz Shay called as I was finishing up, and we talked for a bit. She was asking about dates for me to come down, but Rhonda hasn’t gotten back with me on her thing yet, so we’re kind of in limbo. I’m going to give her a day or two longer, and then call her to rattle her cage about it.

When Myz Shay called, I had turned off the television, and I just decided to leave it off. I finished Narcissus in Chains today, and it was better than I was expecting. Maybe the Anita Blake series hasn’t jumped the shark after all. So I started the next one tonight, Cerulean Sins, which is actually a fairly heinous title, but which started rather well.

So I just read, with the windows open in the fresh air and the cats walking all over me. It was a nice, quiet, relaxing evening.

But if I don’t get going, I’m going to reap the whirlwind next week.

No comments: