Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A post in which I realize why I am tired

On the way home from work today, exhausted again, it occurred to me that this might be more than just post-party malaise. Duh.

I felt my neck. Sure enough there it was, swollen up again. Apparently I am having another little bout with Epstein-Barr. Sigh. But about that time I got a call from dana, inviting me over to see them tonight. I had planned on taking it easy tonight, but that stubborn streak came over me again. I just refuse to miss quality time with my friends for some stupid lingering malaise. I went on over and spent the evening with them, and felt the better for it.

We had a lovely talk. I told them about my service date from last Saturday, and we just caught up in general. It had been a couple of weeks since we had seen each other. dana made some Rice Krispy Treats for me because she knows I love them, but the cereal was stale and they didn't turn out very well. She was so disappointed, but I didn't mind so much. It was a delight to spend time with them, as always.

No comments: