Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A post in which I hat some more, and think

When I woke up this morning, I decided that I was looking at the glass as half empty, and I needed to concentrate on the full part. I need to wait until this week is over and see how Al's job goes rather than jump to conclusions. The chemistry thing may not even work in real life, although I think it will. It is just so hard to be patient. I want this so badly, and to have to wait a week longer is like being a child and having to look at that big package under the tree. It just feels like Christmas is never going to freakin get here. We texted back and forth all day today. Al sent me some more pics of himself, and I sent him some of me.

Complicating my feelings, Jason called today. Apparently he isn't very happy in Raleigh. He tells me that his job, though lucrative, is very demanding, and that he really hasn't had time for much of a personal life. He says that he thinks about me every day, and that if there was an opening in Greenville he would really like to move back here. His parents are here, and his friend Rodney, and he'd really like to see more of them both. He's coming to town the first weekend May, and he wants to see me. I put it on my calendar, but still don't know how I feel about that.

On the way home I went by the craft store to get some padding for the inside of my hat, and found exactly what I was looking for. I can't tell you how rare that is. I virtuously avoided going to pig out tonight, which was what I really wanted to do. I went home and ate a sensible meal out of the freezer. I worked on my hat. I think I am finally finished tying strings of beads, for which I am very grateful. I have to figure some stuff out though. I think the hard part is over though. I glued the liner in it tonight, clamped it, and put it aside gratefully.

I got my acceptance email from Lady Beth today, and my proposed menu has been approved. So now it's just a matter of putting stuff together, and I can do that.

I checked the dates for SELF to I could ask for the days off tomorrw. So I'm getting things settled and set up.

Just as I was thinking about going to bed, the phone rang, and it was Al and Mike! I rarely hear from them, but we've been meeting each other down at River's Edge every summer for years and years. They are both sweet guys. I talked to them until bedtime.

No comments: