Saturday, April 10, 2010

A post in which I completely waste a Saturday, except the evening

Well I would love to tell you that I was responsible and worked in on my hat today. Or worked in the yard. Or indeed did anything productive, but that would be a lie. Well I did wash one of my winter coats so I could put it away. That’s it.

I procrastinated today, and wasted time online. I talked to a couple of guys, but I had a message on Bear411 from a guy named Al. I had looked at his profile before, and was going to message him, but then didn’t. I don’t remember why now. Anyway, I had winked at him or something last night, and had a very sweet message back from him today that got the dialogue going. We ended up spending most of the day today instant messaging back and forth. He’s a really nice guy. And he’s good looking. And he’s funny, which I love. And he seems to think I am the bee’s knees.

But being me, I had to find out what’s wrong with him; which I did. He works - compulsively, and apparently all the time. He is a manager for a drugstore, and they seem to feel completely justified in preventing any kind of personal life. No weekends off. Mandatory six-day weeks for management from the last week of November through December. Geez, and I thought Michael’s schedule was bad. Since the GM is on vacation this week, he apparently has to be there pretty much when he’s awake.

But it is nice to have some hope on the horizon.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, George is giving me fits. Fits, I tells ya! I am getting a lot of practice at my Western grip.

I got a text from Billy around 6 or so, inviting me out to dinner with them. Since I had just been wishing I would get the ^&%%^$#!!~ out of the house, I was thrilled to accept. We went to Miyako for sushi, and I have to say I think their food just keeps getting better. I think they are better than Irashai was, even in the old days when they were in that building. Of course, since they have moved, Irashai is awful now.

So we had excellent sushi, and I got some quality Russ and Billy time in. I love them so much. It had been too long since we just hung out. After supper we went back to the house and just visited and talked until late. Russ and I made plans to go to the flea market tomorrow, which effectively kills Sunday for getting anything done, since I made plans with Jeff and James for tomorrow.

In other words, next week will be insanely busy. But I don’t care right now. I’m enjoying being able to spend some time with my friends too much.

No comments: