Friday, June 29, 2012

A post in which it is a quiet Friday

For the most part. 

I heard from Russ today.  He and Billy are going to the flea market in the morning.  I would love to go, but Jeff will be here to work in the yard.  I need to be here to explain what all needs doing, and then to be sure that he doesn't die of heat stroke.  It's been over 100F the last two afternoons, and it was hot today.  When 95F feels like a 'cool spell', that's just wrong. I think it pissed Russ off when I told him I couldn't go though.  No idea why, but it seemed to.

Traffic was light when I got off work, I guess in advance of the holiday week.   I went through Target, but virtuously didn't buy anything, and then on home.  I was wiped out for some reason.  I thought about calling Miss Kat and Dana, but I had just seen them last Friday, so my strategy is to give them the next Friday off so they don't get Steve fatigue. 

I was trying to decide what I wanted for supper.  Well I knew what I wanted, but it was all the way across town, and would be expensive to boot.  I've been trying to watch my money better.  Apparently I forgot that I am not rich while I was in treatment, and it's been kind of a financial rampage since I got out.  So I'm not in bad shape, I just have to remember that I have a budget and try to stick closer to it.

But, as happens these days, I decided that I had to have what I wanted.  You only go around once right?  (Unless you're a Buddist.)  I called Adam's Bistro, and headed that way.  I paid $11.83 (with tax) for a pound of pasta salad.  That is cuh-razy.  But it was exactly what I wanted, and it was just as good as I remembered.  I got to see Teresa when I went in too.  She used to work at my job in the commisary for a while.  She has a bit of a bad rep because she can be pretty intense and protective about the business, but I can undestand that.

So I ate half the pasta salad, played online for a bit, and went on to bed.  I have a long day tomorrow.

No comments: