Monday, June 18, 2012

A post in which I get to see Jason*

When I got up and started moving around this morning, I started thinking about the fleeting nature of life.  I thought about the limited chances to see Jason, and that I would have to wait all day to see him.  I ended up sending a text to tell him to come on to the house. 

It was very good to see Jason, as always.  We always just seem to pick up right where we left off.  My feelings about him are conflicted.  On the one hand, when we're together it's very intense.  It feels right.  He says I'm his perfect type, and he's as close to mine as I have ever dated.  And how like a man to go right to the physical.  But we feel the same way about many things.  We agree on politics, and getting along, and goals in life, stuff like that.  He also has a troubled relationship with his father.

On the other hand, my dad will hate him because he's a parselmouth.  Doesn't really bother me, but will crawl up Dad's crack about a mile.  And he's geographically undesirable.  He moved 4.5-5 hours away about two weeks after we met.  I'm just not willing to move, and that's too far away for a long distance thing for me. 

We greeted each other enthusiastically and spent several hours getting re-acquainted.  It was really great to see him again.  We are just as into each other as ever.  Eventually, though, we needed food.  We continued talking over lunch at Liberty Tap Room.  Although they have taken my favorite blue cheese cole slaw off the menu, they still do a good Ceasar salad, and the salmon was just as good as the last time I was there (I just don't seem to be able to get enough salmon lately, for some reason). 

Over lunch, Jason dropped a pretty big bombshell.  He's decided to finish up some things at this job and then move back here.  Basically, he says he's coming back for me.  I can't decide how I feel about this, but at the time I was pretty much blind-sided.  On the one hand, I wish he had never left.  On the other, this is not the first time he has showed up and made fervent declarations, only to disappear back into the ether.  So I was happy, excited, confused, and skeptical all at the same time. 

After lunch, he said he wanted to go look at possible houses.  I haven't thought about moving in years, although I have said before that I would never cohabitate in my current house again, it's just too small.  Just last week, though, I was thinking that a town home or patio home of some kind would actually suit me better.  I am sick to death of keeping up with a yard that I never use.  Kind of in a daze, I rode around with him looking at places.  It was rather surreal.  I just kind of went along kind of as if I was in a dream.  We have very similar taste in houses too. 

We headed back to my place after a while, where the idea was that we would lie down for a while, but of course no nap was in the offing.  It was rather like a 'nap'.  He was there for a while, but eventually, and long overdue, he had to go connect with his family.  He was officially in town to see his dad, who isn't doing well in the wake of his mother's passing. 

After he left, I just kind of shut down for a while.  I ate some left-over pizza from Sunday night and turned in.  It had been a good, tiring, and rather bewildering day.

No comments: