Sunday, June 3, 2012

A post in which folks start leaving!

I woke up today deciding to take things a little easier.  Yesterday had been such a mad dash that I needed to get my bearings back.  Fun and all, but my equilibrium doesn't seem to be recovering as quickly these days.

I called Rhonda about going to the flea market, but she was helping Sabrina today, so I went by myself.  There was no glass today, which was really fine after all the stuff I bought yesterday.  I picked up produce and made some sandwiches for breakfast (tomato, avocado, cheese, and raw onion on rye - yum), and watched a bit of telly.  I signed onto Facebook and found out that our friend Brian got the job he interviewed for.  In Oregon, for cryin' out loud.  Although I really like Brian, he's gone a lot anyway, but this means that he'll be taking his husband Vince with him.  We all adore Vince, and I see a good bit of him.  I'll miss him terribly.

Eventually though, I decided I needed to get a couple of the 1.5million things waiting to be done accomplished.

I took a little personal beauty care time and worked on my feet (I have developed some nasty hooves - I really need a rasp like they use to shoe horses or something), then did the cat chores and cleaned myself up.  I changed the sheets and washed them, folding up the load of laundry out of the drier.  I was just thinking I should maybe start working on the long-needed review n' toss of the closets when Dana called.  She invited me over, and said she would call back with confirmation in an hour or so.  I finished up the things I had going on, and sat down for a mo to wait.

I hadn't had any lunch, and had just pulled some popcorn out of the microwave.  Thinking it was Dana, I answered.  It was Justin.  Apparently two of our friends, Jeff and James, had abruptly broken up last Thursday.  Out of the clear blue sky.  They got into a fight, and Jeff went to the airport and just took off for parts unkown.  I was pretty shaken.  First that it had happened at all, and second that the one who took off was Jeff!  He had always been the 'civilizing influence' I thought.  James was always more of a free spirit.

On the heels of the Brian/Vince thing, I just felt like my personal rug was being pulled out from under me.

Fortunately about that time Dana called.  I headed straight for their house, and some poeple who stay the f*ck where they belong!  I'd had quite enough upheaval in my peeps for one day, thank you.  It's always the children who suffer *sniff*

We visited, watched a little telly, and ordered a pizza.  I felt better, but it was still kind of a roller-coaster day.

No comments: