Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A post in which I have a pleasant surprise

Well I woke up feeling like dogshit this morning.  I had been up ate 3am becqause I was hurting too badly to sleep.  Eventually I got up and took a pill, and got back to sleep.  I had two meetings today so I dragged myself to the office anyway.

The first meeting was exactly as dildonic as I had expected, but since the idiot who called it had scheduled it for a time when he was actually due in another meeting with our boss, it was blessedly brief.  The second was re-scheduled for later in the day, and was relatively painless.

I knew that Dad had Cole's car fixed, and the last I heard the plan was that he would re-claim it on Father's Day this weekend.  Apparently Cole couldn't wait, because I got a message from Mom today that they were in town to get the car, and would I like to have dinner.  Well of course I would.  I had started to feel a bit better during the course of the day, which made my outlook much better.  I had been afraid that my post-chemo crap was getting worse - it was a great relief to find that I'd just had a bug that's been going around the office.

About 4:30 Eve called me to set up where I was going to dinner with Mom and Cole.  I know.  Awkward.  I just got in touch via text and set it up.  They came to the office this afternoon, but by the time they got here everyone was gone.  I still took them around and showed them off a little bit.

We went to Paisano's for dinner.  It's close to the office so we wouldn't have to fight rush hour traffic.  The spinach and feta pizza is one of the best I have ever eaten, and the house salad dressing is freakin' addictive - there has to be crack in it or something.  Cole and I split a pizza, and I caught up a little with both of them.  It's always good to see either of them, and the two together was a treat.  Mom seems to be doing fine post-breakup.  I made her let me buy them dinner since she would only take $11 curtain rods for Christmas the other weekend.

After supper, I was done.  I was feeling better than I have been, much to my relief, but I was still wiped.  I followed my original plan to go home and go to bed.

No comments: