Friday, June 15, 2012

A post in which I am poorly

Since I slept well Wednesday night, I paid for it by sleeping remarkably badly last night.  I woke up feeling like a road map that had been folded back up incorrectly and shoved into a too-small glovebox.  I use this analogy knowing that no one over 35 (except for Justin) is going to have the remotest idea what I mean.  Road map?  I hear you asking.  Well if you're that young, your life is probably pretty fucking wonderful to start with, not that you appreciate it you ungrateful puppy.

In short, I woke up like a grumpy old man.  But I digress.

Lisa called today to tell me that Father's Day was not going to be pretty.  Dad is making her nuts, and because the rest of her life pretty much sucks anyway, she's had a bellyful of it.  I was warned that if the started in on her Sunday, Father's Day or not, she was basically going to let him hold it.  Great.

I asked her about the divorce (which seems to just drag on and on and on), to be told that yes, in fact, the one year anniversary of the separation was coming up, but because her ex was being a complete dildo that this could drag on for another several months.  She went on to explain in detail the various ways that her life was sucking, to which I could only reply "I'm sorry." Which was of absolutely no use whatsoever.  I felt like a completely useless tool.  But I can't fix this.  If I would I could.

I understand from my reading of late that women just feel the need to vent, to talk, to recite their sorrows like rosary beads (i.e. Eve and the Brenden situation).  Men as a rule do not do this.  When men hear a problem (I'm speaking generally here) the immediate instinct (inclination, drive, use whichever word you will) is to find a solution to fix the problem.  This is one of the fundamental differences in the sexes, according to the experts.  It makes sense to me.  Having been given a Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come warning of something to dread, I rung off. 

I messed around on Facebook for a while tonight, chatting with Danny.  I enjoyed it.  I really like him.  He is my favorite of Justin's boyfriends (even the legendarily gorgeous Heath).  But I couldn't decide if I was flirting or not.  That would be wrong, but flirting for me is so natural (vis a vis my natural hodom) that I don't always realize that I'm doing it.  Also, Justin can be kind of possessive at times.  So I just tried to watch what I said, enjoy the conversation, and trusted Danny to monitor the propriety thereof.  It was probably one of those situations where I was wrestling with myself in my head for absolutely no reason.  He seemed fine. 

I also talked to a guy I used to kind of date named Walter.  He was really nice, and after Michael left I thought we might end up together, but the contact has been sporadic at best.  I have mixed feelings about that situation.  When we dated before he was heavily closeted and living in an apartment near Bob Jones U, so he was most paranoid about the neighbors finding out about him.  I didn't deal well with that.  But he has since moved.  I don't know.  We're talking.  Kind of.  I don't think either one of us is really expecting anything to come of it, but I like him.

I chatted with another guy I've been talking to kind of on and off named Matt.  I like him too, but he's pretty vanilla, and I'm doubting that he would survive the whole T discussion without running screaming for the hills.  He does sound like a nice guy though.  He was trying to sandwich seeing me in with going out for drinks with friends and a bunch of other stuff he had going on, and finally I was just like "Enough."  I wished him well and sent him out with his girlfriends.

I ate left-over Chinese tonight.  It hadn't been very good originally, but after I re-vamped it with some stuff that I had here it was pretty good, albeit salty (I had a bit of a heavy hand with the soy sauce).  I like that I can do stuff like that now.  I am much better versed in Asian-type ingredients than I used to be.

No comments: