Monday, June 11, 2012

A post in which it is Monday

I woke up this morning, made my coffee, and went out on the porch. When I was cleaning up I broke my french press. Sigh. That was a metaphor for most of the day.

Pictures were posted today from Angela's wedding weekend, which was this past weekend. She had made a big deal about choosing a dress, going on an excursion to New York, etc. Angela was an international fashion model, doing runway work in Milan and Japan. She has worn some of the most beautiful clothes in the world. When she picked out her dress, she sent a message that she had found the perfect dress, but that we wouldn't see it until the wedding. I have to say that I was quite surprised at the dress she picked out.

Angela's inexplicable wedding dress, but she looks happy, which is what's really important, right?

I was tired today. And it was Monday. And it rained all the way in.  And I was pretty discouraged after last night. Part of me thinks I should just stop trying to date, and part of me refuses to give up.

I decided to get another Thank You done today, so I stopped on the way and got some flowers for Nancy.  I have two more batches of flowers to deliver, and two more batches of brownies to bake, and then I'll be done with all the ones I have planned.  But the flowers I bought today weren't so great, and I wasn't happy with the way they looked when I got done.  It felt like a not so great thank you.  I also kind of re-hashed what went on on Friday, and didn't really feel good about myself afterwards.  I confirmed that RBL didn't go out of town this weekend, and never called to let me know.  I know it's not their responsibility to entertain me, and I had plenty to do, but that hurt my feelings a little bit. Then the office machines at work went on strike simultaneously. By the end of the day, I just didn't feel so great about myself.

But I did hear from Rhonda today, and she wanted to get together.  Since her schedule has picked up so much, I decided to seize the opportunity and take her to supper tonight.  Rhonda didn't have any strong preferences about food, so I decided we would go to Kannika's Thai Kitchen.  I have been starving for Pad See Ew for about a week now, and they have great food. 

There was only one waiter on duty, and he was pretty swamped, but we had surprisingly good service.  Rhonda had some of their excellent curry, and I caught her up on what had been going on. 


Pad See Ew, mmmm so delicious

Rhonda's rice came in this pretty bowl - Justin used to have a set of these

After supper we went to TCBY for dessert. I hadn't been there in a long time, and had forgotten how good it was. I took her back to Sabrina's place (where she was staying the night) and talked some stuff out with her. She was loving and supportive, as always. We also talked about what was going on with her, and she caught me up. So for a day when I didn't feel so great, it ended up nicely. It's always good to see lil' Rhondee.

No comments: