Sunday, February 5, 2012

A post in which my arm hurts

I got basically nothing done today. It was all I could do to get the sheets changed because my arm was hurthing so badly. I called the Cancer Center and begged the nurse practitioner on duty to do something, but she told me they couldn't give me any blood thinners (the treatment for a clot) until the doctor had seen me. I was very frustrated.

In the end, I wasted most of the day. I finally decided that I had to get up and get cleaned up, and that I could lay around at Russ and Billy's house and be pitiful as well as I could lay around my house.

After a very painful shower I headed their way. We ordered in Chinese food and I had some gorgeous curry shrimp. I'm so glad my tummy is back. I've eaten so much bland food I really have no time set to eat anything bland - like ever again. We watched some telly and I headed home. It was a nice enough evening all things considered.

No comments: