Thursday, February 16, 2012

A post in which I buy groceries

Ok, I always enjoy going to the grocery store. I'll admit it. Even when I wasn't eating that much during treatment, sometimes I would just go in the store and wander around for a bit to visit with the food before I bought the few things I needed.

It feels odd to not have enough in the house to eat on, after having to freeze things and make sure the fridge was cleaned out for the last six months. This week caught me flat-footed with nothing much in the house for supper though. So I decided to stop on the way home and lay in supplies for next week.

I got things to make garlic smother-fried vegetables to take for lunch, and the fixins for hot dogs for supper. I've been craving them, but haven't been able to eat them. I also stocked up on some staples. That will mean if I don't have time to go to the store this weekend (it's a busy one) I'll still have things to eat. It's odd how much doing such small, normal things gives me such a sense of satisfaction.

I got almost home, and realized that I hadn't bought the one thing I actually stopped to get - some cheese for sandwiches that I'm taking for lunch this week. So I just stopped at another store. I got so excited about buying groceries that I forgot what I went for.

When I got home I wrestled it all inside as the next-door neighbor's dogs barked in vociferous joy. I am SO tired of listening to her ()*&(*%%#$!! dogs bark. Incessantly. I've talked to Dad about it, and he told me that the one time he complained to a neighbor about a barking dog, he wished that he hadn't. When my dad advises caution, I listen. He's not usually a cautious kinda guy.

Once I got in the house though, I barely noticed them. It just gets tiresome coming home to that every day. And every weekend.

In other, better news, Lisa sent me a new picture tonight of my darlin baby princess niece Ava playing dress-up:



Lord, if I was that cute I could rule the world.

No comments: