Saturday, February 25, 2012

A post in which I have dinner out with the guys*

I'm trying to wean myself off taking pills every night to sleep. It's tough. I was up with insomnia a lot of the night, but managed to doze off for a while this morning.

I woke up and started casually chatting online, ending up with a buddy coming over. Whoa. He was at the house for over three hours, and I'll just say that all functions seem to be back online at this point. He's a very beautiful younger man named Chad. About halfway through the visit the thought kind of wandered across the back of my mind that he wasn't a terribly lot older than my nephew, but I just kind of quashed that.

After he left I checked in with Russ, Billy, and Logan. We agreed to supper out 7ish, which gave me time to futz around the house some. I had to make tea, etc. There just seemed to be 7,000 little jobs that needed doing today.

We ended up going back to Kannika's Thai Kitchen for Thai food. After no one could make up their mind I suggested it. I tried a noodle dish the waiter suggested called Pad Kee Mao which was gorgeously delicious. After my experience the last time, I asked that the spice level be kept to mild. Logan had Pad Thai and I tasted it. Although it was quite good, it just didn't taste like Pad Thai, which traditionally has a peanut sauce. This didn't, but as I say it was good.

After supper we headed back to the house for a visit and a talk. We were going to play a game, but the events of the day combined with my bout of insomnia did me in. I had to go home and get in the bed. But it was still a very nice day.

No comments: