Monday, February 20, 2012

A post in which I eat hot dogs

I've been craving them incessantly, but when you want veggie dogs and veggie chili around here, you're pretty much making them yer damn self. So I did. And man was it good. Big fat dogs slathered with chili, slaw, onions, mustard, katsup, and mayo. I ran by the grocery store on the way home and picked up some chips and dip too. It was a pig out! Sometimes you just gotta treat yourself.

I started off the day with insomnia. I finally just got up around quarter to four. That did give me time to go to CVS though, when there weren't 5,000 people standing around idly waiting for prescriptions, or trying to get public assistance from Milan or somewhere to pay for their meds. Plus there weren't scary old people driving recklessly through the parking lot. I'll have to remember that for future insomniac episodes.

Work was work. I made good progress on my write-offs. It's a light month, so I wasn't overwhelmed.

Ran by the grocery store on the way home because I was out of katsup (which is a defcon-1 level emergency at my house) and some fruit. I'm finally back to eating pretty much the way I used to. Since I'm on Coumadin though, and not supposed to eat anything green, they are forbidden fruit and therefore twice as delicious. Maybe they should prescribe it as a placebo to get people to eat their greens....

Tonight is my last night home for a while. Tomorrow it's dinner out with Dad and Eve, and then Wednesday dinner with Justin. I told Logan last weekend, I'm a hot ticket now :) He better reserve his boy time if he wants it.

I got disgusted with my hair at work today, and decided I was going to shave it all off again, but when I got home I changed my mind and decided it didn't look as bad as I thought. That fluorescent light in the bathrooms at work, coupled with the prison gray color scheme, would pretty much make Brad Pitt look like Ernest Borgnine.

No comments: