Sunday, March 14, 2010

A post in which we get together at Miss Kat and dana's

I woke up to another pretty day, but I had a headache. I had some breakfast and lay around for a bit. I realized that the time had changed, so I decided that if I went I would go by old time, since I figured no one had wanted to be up an hour early on a Sunday (well, not among us flea market slackers, anyway). I finally decided to get out for a while and drove over to the White Horse Road flea market. I didn’t really need anything from there today, but sometimes it’s nice just to go walk around.

It was. It was pretty, and there were a lot of people out. I had the luxury of not having to look for anything in particular or carry anything to the car, having bought my fruit and veggies yesterday. I did run into a friend of mine named David out there, and we strolled around for about an hour or so, catching up on what’s going on with each other and casually gossiping about mutual acquaintances.

I did have a good time, but I stayed too long. By the time I got home I had a headache so sharp it set my teeth on edge. I took some Ibu and dropped onto the sofa to wait for it to pass.

I slept for about an hour, but my head was still hurting when I woke up. I finally decided that I might feel better if I got up and moved around a bit, so I did.

I changed the sheets and changed out a load of laundry, then started some overdue house fluffing. I dusted the bedroom and living room, swept the wood floors and vacuumed the carpets, getting under the sofa and the corners of the rugs. I was watching The Inbetweeners as I cleaned. Russ had said something about it the other day, and it just so happened they were having a marathon today. It is a funny show. I’m hooked now.

About the time I started thinking about the bathroom, Russ called to ask if I wanted to go over to Miss Kat and dana’s for a visit. Well of course I did. I did the cat chores, got cleaned up, ran to the store for cigs, and did my nails while I waited.

I rode with R&B over to MK & d’s for some much needed relaxation. We had a great time chatting, smoking, and talking while watching things on the nature channel kill and eat each other in the background, and while I decimated the cheese and cracker plates they had put out. They had all had a late large lunch, and I had eaten lightly, both because of the diet and because I was hoping for an invite this evening. With the time change and all, no one was really thinking about food but me.

It was 9pm before I even realized it. It didn’t seem like it could possibly be that late (of course it wasn’t, really, but I still had to be up an hour earlier in the morning). We said our farewells and left. Fortunately, we did stop for something on the way back to my house. I had pizza buffet, which of course is not the best weight-loss idea. “How are you going to approach your diet?” Billy asked me after I had just eaten a gross of cinnamon buns. “Apparently poorly.” I sighed ruefully. But it was too late to worry about this meal. I’ll just have to pick it up tomorrow.

I got home, crawled gratefully into my clean-sheeted bed with the kitties, and passed into blissful slumber.

No comments: