Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A post in which it is an ointment day, and I am disturbed by a Deep Truth

I slept like falling in a hole last night, but after getting hardly any sleep the night before, and all the activity yesterday, it wasn't enough. I woke up to the alarm this morning, which hardly ever happens. I’m usually awake before it goes off.

Ugh. Ointment days. I think I would have a lot more tattoos if it wasn’t for the messy, greasy healing process. You’re not supposed to cover a tattoo – it needs air to heal; but it also needs to be kept from drying out, so you put ointment on it. This lasts for several days. That’s great if you’re some kind of nudist guru, and you can spend a couple days hanging out naked covered in ointment. If you’re a regular working schmoe, that means you have to either a) cover the tattoo in the daytime, cross your fingers, and say a little prayer; or b) sacrifice clothing to the tattoo gods. The ointment stains everything, and you can't wash it out. I tried a) with my last tattoo, which is why I think some of the color pulled off – so this time I decided to go with b). I put on my ointment this morning, tried to decide which underwear I could get rid of, and hoped the greasy stain wouldn’t soak through my work pants.

There was plenty to do at work catching up my desk from my days off, while of course keeping up with ointment applications. Ugh. I got stuck in (and stuck to my undies, for that matter) and got to work. Fortunately the day seemed to be moving quickly.

Unfortunately, I was blindsided by a Deep Truth which suddenly decided to step from behind the mental curtain and go “Ta da!” today. That happens sometimes after a scene. Some other things that were said this weekend brought it on too. After sitting at my desk with tears rolling down my face for a while, I was able to stuff it back down and compartmentalize so I could get back to work.

By the end of the day I was tired, but dealing. I had acted on my decision to reach out and feed my kinky side by sending Lady Beth an email to offer her an evening of service and spend some time at her feet earlier in the day. I was very pleased to get a very sweet email back from her accepting, and starting the process of setting a date. I was very surprised to hear back from her so quickly, because she is very busy. She made a point of responding to me by the end of the day, which I found sensitive and touching.

I had thought that I would discuss this Truth with her when I saw her, but I’m about to decide against it. Lady Beth bears the weight of the world, and the family, already. She has a lot of people she could choose from to do service for her. The fact that she has accepted me is a great boon. I have little to offer that she could not find better elsewhere. But what I can try to offer is uncomplicated pleasure. That would be a rare commodity in her demanding life. I’m going to try to deal with this on my own.

That decided, I emailed back a potential menu to her (part of the service I can offer is cooking, which she hates to do) and went to bed.

No comments: