Monday, March 8, 2010

A post in which it is Monday

As a further sign that there is something wrong, after a 4pm nap yesterday, I slept a full night. I woke up feeling bad, natch.

Work continues to be frustrating. Guess who wanted her numbers calculated in a different way yet again? To add insult to injury, it took me all day to drag an answer out of her as to exactly what it was she wanted. When I got the answer, it was it was two Yoda-cryptic sentences. She referred me to her assistant for details. I talked to her, and just to be sure (having run this gamut 5 fucking times now, after all) I emailed the witch for confirmation, only to have her directly contradict what her assistant told me, and still not giving me any clear instructions.

Working as I do, however, I have learned to pick up on the psychology of people. (There’s a book in there somewhere, there are about five main types of debtors.) She let slip (reading between the lines) in her final communication that what she’s after is more slides. She wants as much exposure as my boss has. So forget going to college, it’s like dealing with a damn pre-school kid. Since I didn’t get her answers and their data back until late in the day, and with sending out data to the other departments, I got nothing done on my preliminaries today. I am so heartily sick of this (now 8 page!) report.

It was a small consolation that at least my boss is out of the office for a couple of days.

I do nothing on Monday nights. It’s the one night of the week that I don’t schedule stuff. This week is looking a bit more free than last week, thank goodness.

I went home, ate, and collapsed on the sofa until it was time to collapse into the bed.

No comments: