Sunday, March 21, 2010

A post in which I clean the kitchen, and take a break

Well it wasn’t as pretty today, which was actually fine. I didn’t need the temptation. But I did need to go to the flea market for fruit. Because it was overcast, that motivated me to go on over there. I loaded all the recycling and Goodwill stuff before I left and hauled it off first.

I got some beautiful apples at the flea market. I walked around just to see what was there. I didn’t see any glass, but I did get a GREAT new backpack for only $5. It has a big padded pocket in the main compartment (for a laptop, I guess) that will be a perfect plate holder for when I buy glass. I was pretty stoked about that.

I ran by the grocery store, then got home and took the garbage out before it got too wet outside. Then I put in a movie, ate some breakfast, and moved in to my new backpack. I took a nap (I had been up early) for about an hour or so.

When I got up, though, I knew it was time to get stuck in and do something. I cleared out the kitchen and scrubbed the floor in there, doing the baseboards, washing the cabinet doors, and moving all the appliances out. I had the house boy move them out when he did the kitchen in December, but I suspected he hadn’t done much once he moved them. I was wrong. He’d done a good job.

The floor dried and I moved everything back in. I was congratulating myself and deciding what to do next when the phone rang. Miss Kat invited me over. I was really hoping to do something this evening, which was why I was trying to get my chores done. There is plenty more to be done, but the big stuff is done, and I met my goals for what I wanted to finish this weekend – with the exception of cleaning the toaster oven, and that can easily be done tomorrow.

I gratefully accepted the invitation, did a load of laundry, got cleaned up, and ate a light supper before heading over to MK&’ds house.

It was great to see them, as always, and we had a very nice evening chatting and smoking. I’ve been pretty good about my diet this weekend, but when dana made some cookies I just couldn’t resist. Sigh. They were really good though.

Unfortunately, it was a slippery slope. When I left their house I was just ravenous. I went through the impossible to access Taco Bell on White Horse Road (nearly having a wreck in the attempt) and got some of the new shrimp tacos they’re advertising at the mo. They were nasty. So not only did I cheat, I cheated by eating something that wasn’t even good. That just pisses me off. But I was hungry, so I ate them and went to bed, fairly disgusted with myself and with them.

No comments: