Thursday, March 25, 2010

A post in which I am very upset

I woke up this morning about 5:30, basically unable to move. The TV was stuck on an infomercial, the remote was in the floor, I had to pee, and I couldn’t stand up. Eventually I rolled to the edge of the bed and got the remote to turn the TV off. I then slowly straightened out on the bed. I was able to stand in a bit, and then straighten up. I peed and then went to the kitchen to get some Ibuprofen. I was up for a while, but eased off to sleep after a bit.

When I woke back up, Mom was getting ready. She had to be at the seminar early.

I was really angry. The last two vacations I have planned were absolute disasters. Atlanta was a bust last fall, and then I was sick during most of my Christmas break. I really, really need this trip to Atlanta. And I really need to be able to play when I go. So I was doubly pissed. One, this might ruin the trip, and two; I might not be able to get a whoopin that I really need.

I got ready for work and went on in. Moving around helped some. I made an emergency appointment with the chiropractor, but the adjustment didn’t give me the usual immediate feeling of relief. Because I wasn’t able to get in for a massage before, and because I was still hurting, the doc put me on the roller table for a while. When I left, I felt OK. He told me he would see me tomorrow if I needed it.

I came out to my chiropractor as kinky today. This came at the poor guy out of left field, I could tell. After I was done, I just said “Doc, close the door. We need to talk.” When he did, I continued. “I’m going to Atlanta for a BDSM weekend with my friends. I’m into the leather lifestyle, and people will be hitting me with things. I need to know if that’s OK.” You could kind of see the ‘re-boot’ icon turning on his forehead for a minute, but then he just told me that it should be OK as long as I wasn’t restrained in one position for too long.

I finished out the day, and went on to get my hair cut. Always good to see Russ, and good to spiff up a bit for the trip. Because I’m determined to go. I’m mobile, and I can handle this.

When I got home Mom was waiting for me. They had let her out of her seminar early. We went over to El Matador for dinner and had a very nice meal.

While we were at dinner, Lady Beth called. I’m not out to my Mom as kinky. She just has enough to deal with already. She knows there’s something going on, but she hasn’t asked. Our food had just been delivered, but you just don’t let it go to voice mail when the Alpha of your leather family calls. I answered “Yes Ma’am.” And the call got dropped. So here is my dilemma. Do I call back, and possibly talk about things that I probably oughtn’t in front of my mother? Or do I risk a serious breach of protocol during my pledge year by leaving the major Domme waiting? EEEK! Eventually, I just decided that had it been urgent, Lady Beth would have called me back. We finished eating, and I returned the call as soon as we left the restaurant.

We got home and talked and visited for a while. I didn’t come out to my mom as kinky, but I did tell her that I shared everything with her, and that anything I didn’t talk about was something I didn’t feel she should have to deal with. I did explain though, that anything she wanted to know about or ask about, I would tell her the truth. That was where we left it. I was beat and we turned in fairly early for us. It’s going to be a long day, but a good day tomorrow.

No comments: